First :Optical fiber fusion splicer is mainly used for optical cable construction and maintenance in optical communication, so it is also called optical fiber fusion splicer. The general working principle is to use a high-voltage arc to melt the two fiber sections while gently propelling the two fibers into one with a high-precision motion mechanism to achieve fiber-mode field coupling.
Second, the main purpose of optical fiber fusion splicer
1. Construction, maintenance and emergency repair of optical cable lines of telecommunication operators, telecommunication engineering companies and institutions;
2. The experiment, production and testing of optical devices;
3, scientific research;
4. Teaching research on optical fiber communication majors in universities and colleges.
Third, fiber fusion splicer product classification
Ordinary optical fiber fusion splicer generally refers to a single-core optical fiber fusion splicer. In addition, there is a ribbon optical fiber fusion splicer that is specifically designed to splice ribbon optical fibers, a fusion splicer that fuses the spliced optical fiber cable and jumper, and fusion protection. Partial fiber polarization-maintaining fiber fusion splicer.
According to different alignment methods, optical fiber fusion splicer can be divided into two categories: cladding alignment and core alignment. Clad alignment is mainly used for occasions with low requirements such as fiber optic entrance, so the price is relatively low; core alignment type optical fiber fusion splicer is equipped with precision six-motor core-pair mechanism, specially designed optical lens and software algorithm. Accurately identify the type of fiber and automatically select the matching splice mode to ensure the quality of welding. The technology is relatively high, so the price will be relatively high.
Fourth, the use of optical fiber welding process
The most common single-core fiber fusion splicer is generally used in the same way:
1. Open the stripping cable and fix the cable to the tray. The common optical cables are stranded, skeletonized, and center-beam-type optical cables. Different optical cables must adopt different stripping methods. After stripping, the optical cables should be fixed to the fiber trays.
2. Pass the stripped fiber through heat shrink tubing. Different fiber tubes of different colors and different colors should be separated and passed through heat shrink tubes respectively.
3, open the welding machine power, select the appropriate welding method. The common types of optical fibers are: SM Dispersion Non-displaced Single Mode Fiber (ITU-T G.652), MM Multimode Fiber (ITU-T G.651), and DS Dispersion-shifted Single Mode Fiber (ITU-T G.653). NZ non-zero dispersion-shifted fiber (ITU-T G.655), BI-bending fiber (ITU-T G.657), etc., should select the proper welding method according to different fiber types, and the latest fiber fusion splicer has automatic Recognizing the function of the fiber, it automatically identifies various types of fiber.
4. Prepare the fiber end face. The quality of fiber end face will directly affect the quality of welding, so you must prepare a qualified end face before welding. Strip the coating with a special stripping tool, then wipe it on the bare fiber with a clean linen or cotton cloth moistened with alcohol, cut the fiber with a precision fiber cleaver, and cut the 0.25 mm (outer coating) fiber. The length is 8mm-16mm, and for 0.9mm (overcoat) fiber, the cutting length can only be 16mm.
5, place the optical fiber. Place the fiber in the V-groove of the fusion splicer. Carefully press the fiber platen and the fiber clamp. Set the position of the fiber in the platen according to the cut length of the fiber and place it properly in the windshield.
6. Follow the optical fiber. After pressing the bond button, the optical fiber moves towards each other. During the movement, a short discharge cleans the surface of the optical fiber. When the gap between the fiber end faces is appropriate, the welding machine stops to move towards the opposite direction. The initial gap is set, the fusion splicer measures, and the cutting is displayed. angle. After the initial gap setting is completed, the core or cladding alignment is started, then the fusion splicer reduces the gap (final gap setting), the arc generated by the high voltage discharge fuses the left fiber to the right fiber, and finally the microprocessor Calculate the loss and display the value on the display. If the estimated loss value is higher than expected, you can press the discharge button to discharge again, and the splicer will still calculate the loss after discharge.
7. Take out the fiber and use a heater to reinforce the fiber splice. Open the windshield, remove the fiber from the fusion splicer, move the heat shrink tube to the fusion point, place it in the heater, and remove the fiber from the heater after the heating is complete. During operation, do not touch the heat shrink tubing and the ceramic part of the heater due to the high temperature.
8, fiber and fixed. Connect the connected fiber optic disk to the fiber optic storage tray, and fix the fiber, containment tray, splice box, and terminal box. The operation is completed.
Fifth, maintenance of optical fiber fusion splicer
The friable material of the optical fiber fusion splicer is a discharge electrode. About 4,000 basic discharges require replacement of new electrodes.
Sixth, change the electrode method
First remove the protective cover of the electrode chamber, loosen the screw fixing the upper electrode, and remove the upper electrode. Then loosen the screw fixing the lower electrode and take out the lower electrode. The installation sequence of the new electrode is the opposite of the removal action. The gap between the two electrodes is required to be 2.6±0.2 mm and symmetrical with the optical fiber. Under normal circumstances, the electrode does not need to be adjusted. Do not touch the tip of the electrode during replacement to prevent damage, and avoid dropping the electrode inside the machine.
After the electrodes are replaced, the arc position must be calibrated or the process must be performed by itself. Re-sharpen, but the length will change. The corresponding welding parameters also need to be modified.
Previous：24 core fiber optic cable